The shortlist has been announced for this year's Barbara Cox Woman of the Year award, which recognises an inspirational female leader in the automotive industry.
Cox Automotive launched the award in the UK in 2019 to honour a woman who demonstrates a commitment to innovation, leadership, or community, and it is named after Barbara Cox, who served as director of Cox Enterprises, Cox Automotive’s parent company in the USA.
The award is held in association with Smart Transport, and this year saw a record number of entries from across the automotive industry.
The six shortlisted women are:
- Jessica Chapman, head of new business, LeasePlan UK
- Isobel Dando, managing director, Pivotal, Jaguar Land Rover (JLR)
- Lorna McAtear, fleet manager, National Grid
- Alison Moriarty, fleet risk director, Driive Consulting
- Carmen Nieto, manager, Manchester Business Centre, Ford Credit Europe
- Jacqueline O'Donovan, managing director, O'Donovan Waste Disposal
The winner will be announced on Monday, March 8 at the next virtual Women With Drive event to celebrate International Women’s Day. As well as the award, the winner will receive £5,000 to spend on her own personal development.
This year’s judging panel included Smart Transport’s Sarah Tooze, Cox Automotive UK’s Liam Quegan and Alison Fisher; Lynda Ennis from Ennis & Co; and previous winners Alison Jones from PSA and Beryl Carney from JCT600.
Both Jones and Carney will be sharing their advice on how to succeed in the automotive sector at the virtual event on March 8.
Janet Barnard, EVP & chief people officer at Cox Automotive US and Maria Soklis, president of Cox Automotive Canada, will also discuss how to address diversity and inclusion.
The event takes place between 2pm and 4pm and is free to attend, register here.