Ford, Mercedes-Benz and Islington Council have been highlighted as some of the first winners at the inaugural TRANStech Awards.
The new awards scheme was put together to recognise the use of technology to improve transport.
The finalists included entries from the UK, Europe, Russia and the USA. There were over 130 entries in total.
The awards were presented by Red Dwarf star Robert Llewelyn at London’s Royal Lancaster Hotel on November 1.
Darryl Murdoch, TRANStech Awards Director, said: “We launched the TRANStech Awards to acknowledge and reward the trailblazing companies delivering innovative mobility solutions.
“We have celebrated breakthrough innovation, rewarded initiatives that positively impact the environment and customer experience, and recognised how the future of transport is being transformed.”
TRANStech Awards 2019 full list of winners:
- Data Platform Provider of the Year Award - BICO Stage Intelligence
- Autonomous Breakthrough of the Year Award - Addison Lee Group - MERGE Greenwich Project
- The New Mobility Innovator of the Year Award - Faxi & Toyota Financial Services
- E-Mobility Progress Award - Portsmouth City Council - ORCS: On-street Residential Chargepoint Scheme
- Judges Award: TRANStech Innovator of the Year Award - Laurence Oakes-Ash, City Science chief executive
- Street of the Future Award - Appyparking - Smart City Parking Harrogate
- Congestion Reduction Award - Living Streets - WOW Travel Tracker
- Open Data Award - Universities of Cambridge, Leeds, and Westminster - Propensity to Cycle Tool
- Air Quality Impact Award - Islington Council & Traffic Environment Systems Ltd (TES) - ITF: Islington Traffic Flow
- TRANStech Business of the Year SME - Minicabit
- TRANStech Business of the Year Large Company - VPS Group
- Traveller Experience Award - Masabi, Uber and RTD - Uber Transit Ticketing
- Safety & Security Improvement Award - See.Sense - Safer and Smarter Cycling
- Subscription Service Provider Award - Drover - Drover: Cars Made Easy
- The Electric Experience Award - Char.gy - The on-street electric vehicle lamppost charging solution
- TRANStech Partnership of the Year Award - ViaVan and Berliner Verkehrsbetriebe (BVG)
- City Region Award - Oxfordshire County Council - I-Hub Innovation Team
- Rural Innovation Award - Joint Winners - Karhoo - SNCF Project - Mon Chauffeur “First & Last Leg Travel” and Kent County Council & Renault Trucks #SwitchToElectric
- Last Mile Innovator Award - Ford Motor Company & Gnewt by Menzies Distribution - Warehouse on Wheels
- Judges Award: Fleet Operator of the Year Award - Beryl Bikes in Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole
Further information on each of the winning projects and products can be viewed at landor.co.uk/transtech/thewinners