The next Smart Transport Conference will be held in London on Tuesday, November 22.
It will yet again bring the public and private sectors together to discuss the future of transport and will take place at etc venues, County Hall and you can book now to secure your place.
Last week, the one-day conference was held at The Queens Hotel in Leeds and was dedicated to connecting the policies set out by the public sector to the capabilities presented by the private sector through networking, knowledge transferring and debates.
The full agenda featured over 30 senior speakers from across the transport industry and is available to view and interact with online.
The conference featured keynotes from Cllr Louise Gittins, Vice Chair, Transport for the North and Leader of the Council, Cheshire West and Chester Council, Professor Sarah Sharples, chief scientific adviser, Department for Transport, Cllr Liam Robinson, chair of Merseytravel Transport Committee, Liverpool City Region Combined Authority transport portfolio holder and James Heath, National Infrastructure Commission chief executive.
Expert speakers from across the public and private sector were also be available for thought provoking breakout session presentations that challenge traditional thinking.
- Getting creative with transport data
- Boosting confidence in public transport
- Funding the future: where money comes from and how to secure it
- Rural mobility challenges and solutions
- The future of urban and national logistics
- Transitioning to active travel solutions
- Electric vehicle and alternative fuel infrastructure
- Place-based solutions: transport decarbonisation across the north of England